Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm free

I'm finished at Long and Mcquade and today is my official first day off from work. I have to admit I was a little sad saying goodbye to my friends at work. I was leaving, and I just stood up and said "Okay, looks like I'm heading off now" and they were so nice and encouraging, but it was a little hard to say bye. They have been nice enough at L & M to say that I can pretty much have my job back if I want it when I return from Chemainus. I think that's so great of them, but I hope that I won't have to come back. It was great getting to know my co-workers, but I don't think I'll miss the day to day things at work.

So I'm taking some time off before I go to Chemainus, to get all my prep done for the show. There is so much to do. I have to play through the score and decided who will play which instruments where, and who will sing what. I have to do a lot of reorchestration just to make it all work. I'm looking forward to it all, but it's a little daunting to think about right now.

I have to move back in with the parents again. It's sort of funny to think about. I will be in a seperate suite, but it's still my parents, so we'll see how it goes. I'm not looking forward to leaving Jenn here to finish school, and stay for the summer. We both like our place where we live that we don't want to leave it. So Jenn is staying to keep it, and work during the time off from school. I'm happy cause she might get a roommate to move it while I'm gone, but we'll see if that works out.

I'm so glad to know that TUTS is on again, and by the sounds of how many people showed up for the auditions, it should be a great couple of casts they get. It's such an important Vancouver institution and I'm thrilled they are now running with a new board, and with the knowledge that they are important to the theatre community. I hope you all get in if you're auditioning, and I can't wait to catch a few of the shows this summer when I come back from the island. I have to admit though I'm sad that I couldn't Musical Direct this summer, but I'm happy that I'll get to enjoy watching too.

Hope you all have booked your time to Chemainus to come and get me out of my boredom. Oh and see the show. Let me know.

C to the K

4 comments:

Scott - Bottle Dancer said...

FREE FEELS GREAAAAATTTTTTT!!! Congrats Chris and who knows shemanis (0nce I learn to spell it) might be a doable trip for us :) cheers Scott & Fraser

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

who is this JENN person you keep talking about?!

Just Jim said...

Count Pam & I in. We'll come see your show AND take you out for a game of golf!

Kiltman said...

I wanna be this Jenn chick's new roomie! I hear she's a babe!