Friday, March 16, 2007

My first rehearsal!

So I had my one off rehearsal on Monday, with the cast of "Anything Goes," and it went really well. I was so apprehensive about meeting all the leads, because I haven't seen or met most of them before. I caught the 10:30 ferry from Horseshoe Bay, which got me into Naniamo at 12:10, so I was tight for time as it is. So I arrived just in time for the rehearsal to start. As I walked in they were all sitting around the keyboard waiting for me to arrive. It's times like these where I suddenly remember that I'm not 45 years old and that's about the age they think I'm going to be. It's the funny looks on their faces when I walk in sometimes. It always take people a few seconds for it to sink in that I'm not what they had in mind. After a bit of discussion we got down to business. The rehearsal went very well and I got more done then I was hoping for, so that is a great help. Now I must continue my adventure into arranging all the instrument parts for the cast to play.

It was nice to see my parents for the evening after the rehearsal. I helped my dad get a new bed that my parents had bought at the local auction. It's so nice of them, It's a bigger bed then the one they have currently so it will be awesome. So a few more weeks before I head off, so there are soooo many things to get ready before I go.

I'm so happy about my boys.. those Canucks. They are holding on to the 3rd in the West with only a few more games to go. They will make the playoffs this year, and they totally deserve it. They are solid, and I'm so happy to see some success. This city needs it from them.

The house is a mess, man I wish I would just get off my ass and clean sometimes. It's just so much effort to start. Jenn's out seeing another show for her classes at school, so I think I might go and pick her up and get some food. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Just Jim said...

Detroit 1 - Canucks 4! Yipee! Can it get any better?