Thursday, November 16, 2006

A great show, and thanks to some great people!

What a great show tonight. After a show last night where I didn't have any trumpets or a flute, having all the orchestra there tonight makes a huge difference. The show was much tighter too. The cues were picked up faster, and the scene changes were better. Please come see the show you'll love it.

So I'm producing for Footlight Theatre next year, and we are in the midst of applying for the rights for a few shows. I'm really looking forward to helping out such a great company. They gave me my first music directing job, and I'm proud to say that this is my 5th year MDing for them. It's going to be a little overwhelming stepping into some pretty big shoes following Pam's departure as producer, but I'm happy for the challenge. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to Pam, and Jim for all their tireless hard work and focus. They are the heart of Footlight theatre, and it will be difficult to see them go, but they deserve the break. I'm proud to just know these two people, they gave me a chance without knowing me very well, and they have gone far above the call of duty to make Footlight Theatre a group that everyone creative should wish to be a part of. Thanks you so much.

So everyone please come and audition for the show next year.. whatever it may be.. I will post and let you all know when we get the okay for the show.

Thanks to everyone in the cast of Fiddler for doing such a great job, it's getting better, and I'm proud for this to be my last Footlight MD job.. for a while anyway. Well I'm off to sleep and back to work at Long and McQuade. Come on in to the hastings store and say hi if you can.

later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh Chris!
That was a great entry!
I too, have been overwhelmed by such amazing people! They just don't get much better then Jim and Pam!

I hope your interested in hiring an up and coming female director? (unless she's the size of a house or something!)

LET'S TALK!!!
And if I've never said this: I love you -- I think you're great!! (and of course Jen too!)