Wednesday, November 01, 2006


Fiddler on the Roof is starting soon, and we're in crunch week. The Sitsprobe is tomorrow, and I'm a little stressed about it. Every year has it's orchestra challenges and this one isn't any different. I have found most of the musicians way ahead of time, but there is always one instrument that gives me trouble. Last year it was Violin, but this year it was drums! You would think it would be easy to find a drummer that would be happy to play for some money, but nope, I guess not. So now thanks to our "Fiddler" Renee we might have found one, but he has never seen the music, and I don't even know if he reads or not, and tomorrow is the sitprobe. It's starting to look more like a glorified rehearsal not a sing with the cast. But I was really happy with the last orchestra rehearsal despite the lack of percussion. SO after that great sales job I did for the show, I hope everyone comes to see it. I have never been involved in a production of this show, so I was very happy to find through the rehearsal process that it's becoming one of my favorite shows. I can easily see why it is such a classic. It is such a well written piece of theatre, right from the music to the touching yet funny story. Remember the show runs Wednesday's to Sunday's November 10th to the 26th. Such a great cast too. Come see my Crazy Wife play Fruma Sarah, and we all love that Assalone girl who I'm so proud of. SEE YAS THERE. L'chaim!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck with the sitsprobe (which, let's face it, doesn't sound like it has *anything* to do with music at all...) and with the opening of the show. I'd love to see that crazy jennypoo in her fruma gear! oh, what I'm missing out on. Hope the show's a huge success! -m

Kaylee said...

I'll be there!! Don't know when but I will!

Love ya

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

YOU'RE CRAZY!

Amanda A said...

I'm very proud of you too, Chris.

:)