Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Kootenay Ice


We have returned from Cranbrook with a new appreciation for the mundane. I have found I like Vancouver more now then just a few days ago. The 3 bars ranch that was our resting place from Friday to Monday morning was beautiful and refreshing in that way that only a rustic setting could be. After returning home on another calm 1 hour and 20 minute flight, I feel that this place is more my style with all it's lattes, traffic and TV. The most tragic of all is the fact that Cranbrook being so close to the Alberta county area, they care not for the Canucks NHL ice hockey team and instead fill their airways with the play-by-play stylings of the Cootney Ice, a junior ice hockey team. Sad. I know. I've also had enough of family for now also, though it was so great to have the opportunity to get closer to family that I haven't been able to know that well. Back at home now, had a huge Alaskan King Crab for dinner with Jenn's family for her dad's birthday. They brought it out alive just for show, and then went back, and cooked the poor sucker... YUM.... Crab. My birthday is coming up on Thursday also, so remember to have a drink for me. A short teaching day tomorrow, then Fiddler rehearsal at night. Until next time. See yah

2 comments:

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

oooh yeah I like Vancouver too! and crab. mmm!

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

I am leaving a comment here but it didn't work last time. So this better work mister!