Thursday, October 05, 2006

Check point 1 - October

So it's almost here, my 29th year. October has always been a check point month for me. Yes my birthday is on the 12th, but it's not just because of that. Fall has started, cold usually comes soon, though it's been beautiful so far, and NHL season starts again. But it's always a time for me to reflect on the year that has past. Asking questions..."Did I actually do something worthwhile this year... " Etc. As the years move on, I'm left feeling as though I still don't know what I'm doing, and usually in the past I've been comforted by the knowledge that I'm still young and there is still so much time. But not anymore. As my birthday approaches I am coming to feel that I must make a decision as to my goals and future, and finally stop being the "Jack of all trades" that I am and focus my energy into something more permanent and profitable. I'm so happy for all the wonderful opportunities I have been fortunate enough to have, but now I must make my life actually work for me, and do something. Just one something. Something that I can be sure I'm good at, it's so hard to be objective about ones actual talents. Do you wish we could see ourselves as others do, without bias, and humility? I can only hope that when I choose I will choose right and not have to change horses in the middle of the stream. And I hope that my dreams can actually be a part of my plan, for that is why I'm struggling to make a decision, the fear of letting them go. Dreams though are just pieces though, but maybe that's all they ever are, pieces of the cobblestone, which we use for our path.

No comments: