Friday, October 06, 2006

TUTS vs. Chemainus

Okay, so I really wanted to musical direct TUTS this year.. I was so excited, but I didn't know if I was going to be asked to and if it was even going to go ahead. SO that being said, I'm very thrilled to be part of Anything Goes in Chemainus starting in April. I auditioned 2 weeks ago, and I've been offered a chorus part, but more importantly I will be Musical Directing the show also. They want to have the actors in the show also BE the band. Sounds crazy right? Well it is, but also a very interesting challenge, and I'm so excited about it. I'll have to rearrange and teach parts to different actors who have limited skills on different instruments. OH and did I mention, it's a cast of 12! So that means at any given time, I'll maybe if I'm lucky have 3 people playing in the band for a show that's scored for 30 players. It's a little overwhelming at the moment, but we have time, and boy will we need it. The show will have to be pre blocked so we will know who will be on stage at any given time, and who will be available to play in the band, not to mention it's a huge dance show so if they aren't playing, they're dancing. WOW! So I hope everyone will be able to come out and see this crazy thing when it goes up, so wish me luck. Oh and it's a long contract, about 5 months all together, so I'll be living with the parents again... For a while, in Duncan. It will be nice to enjoy island life, but sad because Jenn has to be here to finish up school this year, but I will have time off so I can come back and visit. Well I'm off to Cranbrook tomorrow night for my cousin Michael's wedding. Later.

3 comments:

Laurz said...

that's awesome. And also the same concept as Sweeney Todd that was on broadway a month or so ago.. the entire cast was also the band,... it was really cool and made it that much more original....while still being the same show.congrats!~

Kaylee said...

I'm so happy for you for doing Chemainus!!! And jealous. BUT HAPPY! You will be fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you babe!
L():o)